Tuesday, April 6, 2010

AA Durban style…

Pastor Bobby, Ashley and I went to meet with a group that I can’t name because of confidentially reasons. This was a rehabilitation center for women that struggle with alcoholism. They seemed really young to me, maybe everyone looks young to me… have I become one of “those” people that calls everyone “kids”. Haha. At least I’m Asian so people think I’m younger than I am… bless them! One was from Johannesburg and the other two were from Durban. We went through a TeachAIDS session and one of the women was very interested. The other two were kind of interested but I got the feeling they would have rather been somewhere else. I asked them if they learned anything. They nodded but not much reaction except for the one girl. I asked the girls if they knew their status. Not surprisingly, two of them did not and the one who showed interest said she gets tested twice a year. We discussed that it is ok to love yourself and your body… it’s the only one we have.

No comments: