Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Some are left at the hospital… some are left in a paper bag on the side of the road….

Pastor Bobby had arranged for the three of us to go visit another Pastor friend of his who runs a home for abandoned children…. Gulp… can we say close to home? We met with the pastor and his wife. They are both retired but run a church and abandoned children’s home on the same property. This house is not funded by any government programs; they operate on private donations.

The pastor showed us where the children live, and we all went into the play room. One by one the children came up and the pastor told us their story. They were all super-cute but one little one was just such a cutie-patooty. He was born premature with HIV and was left at the hospital. He has grown and is healthy, all things considered. One of the girls was wrapped up in a paper bag and left on the side of the road when she was only a few weeks old…. She doesn’t speak but is just a love bug full of hugs and smiles. As we sat and talked to the pastor and his wife, a few of the children who were supposed to be napping poked their little heads out…. It was so cute! Yes, it actually crossed my mind about the possibilities of adopting one or two…but don’t worry, I didn’t. I’m not trying to get in touch with my inner Madonna.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

**tears**

Erlin said...

BB- I am very proud of you! Everytime I read your blog you amaze me even more. I love you for the GREAT woman you are!
E