Friday, March 19, 2010

My shoes got vetoed by my dear friend Agata

Eeeekkk! I leave in less than 3 days and am still scrambling to make last minute decisions.

I had done some shopping in preparation for my trip, trying to be conscious about the haute couture in each of the countries I am going to visit. Did you know that as a woman, showing your knees in Rwanda is like showing too much cleavage? So the hunt begins for skirts that go below my knees. All of my skirts are either right above or at my knee... how embarrassing to show up with your "knees" showing.

I was also on the hunt for "sensible" shoes (this is an oxymoron in my world)... How silly of me. You would think that in my two shoe closets (my dad calls me Imelda Marcos) I would have at least a pair to take.

I found the cutest pair of PINK Manolo Blanik strappy flat sandals. I sent a text to my fellow fashionista Elisabeth to make sure these would suffice for my adventure. I received the "go ahead" on the new shoes! To my sadness the next day I got word from Agata (who has lived in South Africa) that she was vetoing my shoe choice :( I'm back to square one.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

there just may be some TEVAS (oh god) in your future! I gotta see this.

Kristin said...

No matter what shoes you choose you will still look fabulous!