Monday, March 8, 2010

Dedication to a beautiful friend... Victoria Smith

A few weeks ago I got the word that a sweet college friend of mine was in hospice. The earth came to screeching halt.... How could this be??? We were 21 what felt like a minute ago, causing mayhem at Point Loma Nazarene University with the rest of our fantastic crew. She was only 36. I was able to spend a little time with her reminiscing about old times and it felt like we were college girls again. As I was about to leave her parents house I was talking to her mother Toni and her step father Craig about my plans of being in and out of the country and my decision to volunteer this year. Toni said this was something Vicki had always wanted to do. In my heart I knew Vicki would be with me this year either by letters or in spirit. Unfortunately it is the latter one..... I dedicate this year of volunteer service to the beautiful woman that Victoria Smith was and we were lucky enough to know .....

No comments: