Friday, April 9, 2010

BBQ Durban Style (BraaiVleis)

As my big send off Pastor Bobby’s family got together and held a BBQ for me at their house. It’s kind of strange to feel so at home with people you have only known a week but this family is amazing…. I am blessed to know them and love them for loving me.

The next day Pastor Bobby and Ashley took me to the airport and it was a sad good by for now. Pastor Bobby refers to himself as my South African Durban Father… go figure I have a beautiful Caucasian family and fantastic beautiful friends that I consider family in the US and an Indian family in South Africa.

Again I must stress the importance of what Pastor Bobby and his family have sacrificed for the betterment of people that are underserved. He is so well respected as a leader in the community. He is truly a champion and a beautiful person that embodies the love of Christ. The love that the family showed a stranger is so humbling (I know you’re tired of this word but I have no other way to express how I’m am feeling)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its called BraaiVleis.(meaning roasted meat.Meat roasted over an open fire) A Braai, short for Braaivleis it is not to be confused with the Aussie "barbie" or the American Bar-B-Q, the braaivleis is a uniquely South African phenomenon.

bonnieb said...

You have so many "adopted" parents because you are so loveable my dear one. We all want to be your moms and dads! Lucky Barry and Doris. Lucky us!

Wendy said...

I agree with Bonnieb...you are lovable....and Loving!