Friday, April 23, 2010

Crockett Family... Fabulous....

When I told my brother about my wackadoodle idea to go to Africa he says "I have a friend who lives there." Of course he does. The funnier part is he will be going to Rwanda and a few other countries this summer. Jody, his step-mother-in-law says “What’s with the Willbanks kids and Africa this year?” Haha - divine intervention.
I had a fantastic meal with the Crockett Family. What a beautiful family. They are so fun. I had a blast.
Should you want to know more about the AMAZING work Carter (my brother's friend) is doing in Rwanda… Here’s a little peak from their website…..
“Karisimbi Business Partners seeks to alleviate poverty by developing ambitious and strategically-placed Rwandan entrepreneurs. We pick up where micro-finance, business incubation and small business development models leave off. Karisimbi Business Partners builds businesses by developing the management capacity of promising mid-sized ventures with untapped potential. We aim to ensure enterprises can employ many, export often, pay taxes, build industry sectors, and establish role models for a new generation of Rwandan business leaders. This intensive work cannot be done quickly or from a distance, but requires a partnership which entails working alongside ambitious entrepreneurs for years at a time”. www.karisimbipartners.com

No comments: